Georg Gedl became independent in 1987 and decided to become an independent industrial designer through the Ministry of Culture. His most important projects between 1987 and 1994 are:
- design of the Yugoslav high-speed train (client: TVT Maribor, Slovenia),
- redesign of Renault 4 vehicles (client: IMV, Slovenia),
- design of the Microstar minibus (client: Ernst Auwärter, Germany),
- design of the BULL-2 loader, which was also exhibited in 1994 at the International Biennial of Industrial Design in Ljubljana (client: Strojegradnja Trbovlje, Slovenia) and
- design of an electric puller for airports (client: Spijkstaal Elektro, the Netherlands).